Monday, August 21, 2006

Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO... Arghhhhhhh



I'm pretty sure that I actually understand the 'triangle'. I've read Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson (great book, highly recommend). It all makes sense to me. But when I have the camera in my hands, it just doesn't happen. I dial in numbers, get a correct meter reading, yet almost everything I shoot seems underexposed (that and out of focus). When I overexpose to compensate for that, I end up with blown areas somewhere. ~sigh~

Today I took Piper outside again. I swear, my house has the worst yard for backdrops. Yesterday I took her out so I could play with parametres and I had to bribe her with chocolate! Today she did it for free. Anyways, this photo was the best of the bunch.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know nothing about photography honey..but I've said it before and I'll say it again...
She is so damn cute...give her a kiss for me!!

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most beautiful photo of a beautiful girl!

You are very clever Ren!

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Lindsi Michelle said...

I understand how you feel, I took a whole bunch of pictures of my family, and half of them turned out blurry because I forgot to adjust the shutter speed!!!

Friday, August 25, 2006 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger Lindsi Michelle said...

by the way, great pic!

Friday, August 25, 2006 8:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which pose next Mum is my favourite out of those ones, of course they are all wonderful pics :P

Monday, September 18, 2006 10:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home