Monday, August 28, 2006

Loving Piper...


Wow, has this girl given me trouble over the years! In 3 weeks she turns 5 years old and it really makes me think. I have been at my wits end with her more times then I can count and certainly more then with any of my other children. Things are really turning around now but it has been very rough for a very long time.

After she was born, I went through pretty bad Post Natal Depression. I credit being alive today to my amazing husband, Danny, and my wonderful counsellor. Without either one of them, I don't know what would of happened. With their support, medication and intense therapy, I came out of 6 months of hell. I think I'll always wonder if the PND was the reason that Piper and I didn't have a very strong bond until recently.

She's the one who's been the climber, the biter, the tantrum thrower (although I did have another one of them). Anything and everything... she's gone through the phase.

A couple of months ago I hit rock bottom. I couldn't take anymore. It was tearing me apart. I had a looong chat with a wonderful person that I met online. I've met her for real and she's someone that I hope has become a long time friend. Anyways, the next day... something was different. I don't know what but I knew that I had to do something.

Things have gotten better and better every day since then. I've learnt to see this beautiful little girl for the unique personality that she is. She's funny. I never noticed that. She's caring. She's helpful. She's clever. She's energetic.

She's my daughter...



I took these on Saturday. She loves hamming it up for the camera these days.

Blowing kisses... can you catch them?

"Hmmm... which pose next Mum?"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. Glad you found a way to connect with her. I am having a similar problem with my 8 mo DD. I don't usually leave messages at blogs. Just wanted you to know that this had a big impact on me.

Thanks for sharing,
Julie
jmetcalf at 2ps

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 2:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! She is BEAUTIFUL!! WHat great photos Ren!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some kids are just like that eh. My first was the one that screamed, moved constatnly, threw tantrums before even turning one. The plunket nurse (childcare nurse) saw she was different well before I (in my ignorance) did. She climbed straight up curtains, and ran everywhere... But now she's 10 and people just don't believe when I tell them these things! I have to get my friends from Queenstown to back me up (apprently Jock still has the scars!!). Hang in, these kids often make the best, most able adults (the ones that ensure we have the sunniest room in the resthome!) -meg

Friday, September 15, 2006 6:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger I put the comment on the wrong blog there...Sorry, but you get the idea right?

Monday, September 18, 2006 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home