Friday, November 03, 2006

Lightbulb moments


The photo isn't great but I wanted one of Danny with all the kids. This was taken Father's Day this year.

I've had quite a few lightbulb moments this year. I actually like them. Not all of them are good ones. I've had to look long and hard at myself this year. I happen to think that I'm actually open to that though, which is good.

I had another one just the other night. I was talking to Danny about how I always give credit away. If I scrap a good page, I'll say it's because I got the idea somewhere else or someone suggested something that made it perfect. If I actually get the house clean, I'll say it's only because I had to. There's a lot of other examples but one of the biggest times I do this is with Danny and our children.

I was telling him that I like buying toys for the kids and telling them that daddy got it for them. I like setting up 'outings' and saying that daddy is taking us out. Clothes, games, take-out... daddy did it. If there's something really really cool, or the kids are with me when I buy/plan/make it... then I'll say it was me.

Danny was saying that it's really silly and asked me why. I told him it's because I wanted to give my children the best dad possible - it's the best gift I could possibly give them. I want them to know how fantastic he is. I want them to know how much he loves them, and how completely. I want them to know that no matter what, no matter where, no matter why... he'll always be there for them. It's the single greatest thing I can think of to give them.

He asks "but what about you?" I say "yeah... but I had a mother".

*ping*

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Gotta love the lightbulb moments, huh? Take some credit, you are a wonderful Mom. Let your kids appreciate you, they'll learn good things from it.

Peas have been asking where you have been. We miss you.

Sunday, November 05, 2006 6:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home