Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How to really love a child...

About a year ago I met a fantastic woman online (actually, 4 of them but this is all about Tam). She's got the biggest heart and she's a super talented scrapbooker. I was trying to think of a quote to add to my sidebar when I remembered a layout she'd done. One of the things that stands out to me in her layouts is her journalling - it's always honest and always straight from the heart. The journalling on this particular page was perfect for what I wanted. I did have to shorten it though so I wanted to add the full version here, as well as a link the the fab layout in question.
----------------------------------------------
Be there ~ say yes as often as possible ~ let them bang on pots and pans ~ if they’re crabby, put them in water. If they’re unlovable, love yourself ~ realize how important it is to be a child ~ Go to a movie theatre in your pajamas ~ read books outloud with joy ~ invent pleasures together ~ remember how really small they are ~ giggle a lot! ~ Surprise them ~ say no when necessary ~ teach feelings ~ Heal your own inner child ~ learn about parenting ~ hug trees together ~ make loving safe ~ bake a cake and eat it with no hands ~ go find elephants and kiss them! Plan to build a rocketship ~ imagine yourself magic ~ make lots of forts with blankets ~ let your angel fly ~ reveal your own dreams ~ search out the positive ~ keep the gleam in your eye ~ mail letters to God ~ encourage silly ~ plant licorice in your garden ~ open up ~ stop yelling ~ express your love ~ A lot ~ Speak kindly ~ paint their tennis shoes ~ Handle with caring Children are Miraculous... ***** Tamara *****
----------------------------------------------
I'm still too chicken to post a photo of myself, so here's one taken on a trip to Sydney in April of this year. The tootsie on the left is mine and the nicely manicured tootsie on the right is Tam's.

As you can see, I'm half way through giving the blog a facelift. There's still more to come but I'm happy for now. I'd love to add a song, that you can turn off if you want, that doesn't have a video clip with it. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The facelift is looking great babe.
I totally agree, tams journalling is just so perfect in everyway.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Your blog looks great! Here you are making me cry again with the journaling you have included.

I forgot to tell you a long time ago that I really loved Bailey's Gollum pose, LOL. We are LOTR fans too.

Nice facelift, lady!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Tina Parker said...

LOV'N the new look- That journaling is just awesome- so touching!!

Tina

Monday, October 23, 2006 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home