Thursday, October 05, 2006

Piper's battle wound



Well yesterday was fun. Just when it was time to start cooking tea everything went crazy!

Bailey and Piper come running to me. Piper is screaming and crying... almost at the holding her breath stage. I'm trying to settle her down and all I got from Bailey was that they had been playing and she'd fallen and hit her head on the TV cabinet. I finally got her to calm down enough to let go of me. I said "let's look at the bump on your head".
As she pulled back I saw blood on my neck and chest. I looked at her and it was dripping down her neck and had already made the mess you can see on her shirt in the photo. My heart was thumping so hard as I was trying to move her hair aside to find the cut. I'm dreading seeing a massive gash.
It wasn't too bad... probably about an inch long. It was really open though and still bleeding. I held it together, I didn't panic - honest. Took her to the bathroom and got a handtowel onto her head. Jadzia came in to hold it there while I called my mum and asked her to come take us to the hospital - Danny was at work with the car.
She ended up having a patch of hair shaved and glue to patch her up. She is supposed to keep the bandage on for 2 days and not get it wet at all for 3 days. Poor baby.
She was sooo good though. I'm so proud of her. After I calmed her down the first time she didn't cry again. She did sook a little as they were cleaning and sticking the wound but that's to be expected. All she wanted was her daddy though. She got to fall asleep on the lounge next to him and she slept in between us last night.
What had happened was that Bailey had been carrying her on his shoulders (no, he's not allowed to do it) and tripped backwards. She'd fallen and hit her head on the corner of one of the TV cabinet doors. She didn't pass out or anything which is great. Actually, she didn't even complain of a headache at all.
I always say... life is never boring with my kids!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kellie Larsen said...

oh my gish! poor little piper! I am glad she is ok!

Thursday, October 05, 2006 1:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home