Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My heart hurts



Today, as I spent my day going through the usual business, this beautiful child was hurting... and when she hurts, my heart hurts.

Why? Why are children cruel? Why are girls in particular so cruel? She has lived through bullying for years now. It has hurt her, scared her, saddened her... but today, today was almost more then she could stand. She was terrified... trully afraid for her own safety.

It's so wrong! And what makes it worse, is when the teachers that are supposed to give them a safe place to learn, to protect them while they are in their care, do nothing... less then nothing actually... when their actions only add to the feelings of helplessness that she has.

I'm hurting for her... but the anger is starting to come through as well. It's so hard knowing that I can't go and roar at everyone, stay close to her to keep her safe, be there when she gets home from school everyday.

Her mum seems to have a handle on the situation. She has set things in motion. The silver lining is that her and Danny are going to deal with this together. It will be very good for Jessie to see that her parents can come together when they need to... to protect her.

I just so wish there was more I could do... I just want to wave my magic wand and make it all better...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Big Hugs for Jessie and for you honey.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Oh Babe..that photo breaks my heart, but more so the entry behind it...let me know how it all goes..and please give her a cuddle for me.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am soo sorry. I was bullied as a child, it is so hard. Children as cruel. they dont understand. I am so sorry she is going threw all of this. I will get better, tel her that.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 5:17:00 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh my, how terrible. This just rips my heart to pieces. I too have been through similar circumstances. It is hard to understand at this age that there will be happier days but keep reassuring her there will be. There is no doubt seeing her parents come together for her sake will help immensely. Both of you are in my thoughts.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 5:36:00 PM  
Blogger Tina Parker said...

You know Ashlee had some problems like this moving here, at the school- I wanted so badley to go to the school and just kick the crap out of those girls. It's hard on girls to grow up now a days- some girls feel they need to pick on others to make themselves look better and that is just wrong!
I would deffinatly be calling the principal of the school! I feel your pain and can only pray that things will get better! Big Hugs!!!

Tina

Thursday, November 09, 2006 4:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home