Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Taking the first step

I did it. Julie? See..? I finally did it.
I finally made a call I've been procrastinating about. I have my first real portfolio building session on Thursday. First time with someone I've never met, first time at a location I've never seen and first maternity shoot. Yep, she's 8 months pregnant. To be honest... I'm nervous as anything. I just hope that I come away with enough good photos to show. Wish me luck...
Here's some from the weekend. A good friend of mine came from out of town. Her children came too. They are seriously the greatest kids. I know everyone says that about the kids they photograph but it's really true. They are young teenagers and they have the best manners, they are both caring, kind, understanding, patient, fun, moral, beautiful children. If my children grow up to have the traits of those 2, I will be a very proud mother indeed. Their parents have done an awesome job.
So... meet Miss S. I'll share some of her brother in my next post. We got TONS of good shots but these are my favourites of her...



Hot pink phone just like mine! Every teenage girls' must ;)

I found my very own wall. It's great. I was stoked when I found that it had this word painted on there.

My favourite... does the red distract?

...and in B&W it takes my breath away.

Oh... and I got the 'mummy tears' moment. I've felt the 'high' that comes with taking some fantastic photos (not to sound in love with myself) but this is the first time I've had the mum cry. Wow... now that's a high!

And finally, here's the missing goofy santa photo of Jess. For some reason I just cannot add it to the other post. Grrr... bad Blogger.

4 Comments:

Blogger christie said...

My oh my! I adore the one of her against the wall... such a great shot. They are all so good, you did a wonderful job! Isn't it an amazing feeling to make a mom cry (in a good way of course) and know that you've done so well?!! That one with her and the phone is such a teenage girl moment :)

Great work!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:48:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

You know I love these shots. Just about as perfect as you can get. Yayyyy!!!! You called. You won't be sorry, and neither will she. Get ready for the crying, I bet you pull that one off again.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting for you, with your first portfolio building session! I know you'll do great ... can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee,
I love the one with the WALL! Wish I could find a wall with writing, that's a great teenage shot. And the one you love in BW, well I'm in total agreement, it's definitely breathtaking. WTG girl, you're doing GREAT.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home