Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree

It's up!
I looooooooooooooove Christmas! My children are all still young so I still get all the magic of Christmas that comes with that. Last year, our Christmas kinda sucked. Not the day itself, but all the lead up. We were going through massive fights with Jessie's mother. Things were terrible. Finally, 3 days before Christmas I decided enough was enough and we decorated and actually started to feel Christmassy.
This year, I think I'm doubling up!!! I have the bug like I've never had before. We're making teacher's gifts, classmate gifts, decorations, etc. It's so fun! But, it's keeping me sooo busy. I haven't had any time in the last week to get to the message boards I usually live at. In the last 2 weeks I've only picked up the camera to do a family session for a friend and take photos of my decorations. I miss it.

A close up -

It's still not completely finished. I just bought a star to go on top. I have some pretty silver ribbon that I'm making bows with and I also have some clear glass baubles that I'm not sure what to do with. But I think it's sooo pretty. We got tons of new decorations this year and part of that was redoing our colours on the tree.

I'm a mean mummy. I don't have the kids' handmade decorations on my tree. I've very anal about what goes on it. To make it up to the kids though, they each have a tree in their rooms.

By the way... the weird thing I did with the photo of the kids? I actually cloned Jadzia's face from another of the photos. I wasn't sure it would work but everyone I've shown has said they would never of guessed. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your tree. You are so much stronger than me. I usually "re-adjust" the ornaments after the kiddos tear through the tree....putting like 6 ornaments on a limb. I've not adjusted them yet..but it is getting to me.

Love the ambient lighting your tree lights are giving off...such a warm feeling

Thursday, November 30, 2006 8:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya a super mum renee thats a beautiful tree it look like a wonderful xmas for you
an the family and who would of gessed with the photo of the kids give us more take care an have a joyful xmas an a wonderful new year merry xmas to you all

Thursday, November 30, 2006 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger christie said...

gorgeous

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good cloning! I just did the school photos and we did all sorts of head swapping and even stuck one boy in later... xmas tree looks great, I must get onto it. btw love the xmas hat pics too, cheers, Fiji Meg

Friday, December 08, 2006 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home