Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Meet Danny & Myself...


We attempted family photos again today and I don't have any to show they were that horrible :-(. But I got this one... and it was aaall worth it. I used the tripod, self timer and my out of shape legs...
Like most women, I don't like photos of myself. Thing is, I realised that I just wasn't in any. I love capturing my children in photographs, capturing the things we do and the little moments. But I want them to look back and remember they had a mother too, not just a live in photographer. So this year, I promised to get in more photos. Easier said then done...
So today, after attempting to wrangle, order, move, mould, bribe, beg and plead with the 5 kids, I handed the camera over to Jadzia and Jessie for a few shots. They got to tell us what to do. It was fun seeing how they wanted us to pose. Anyways, control freak that I am... I had to use the tripod and take some of my own (lucky too, the kids have focus issues ;-) ).
I am in love with this photo. It might not be perfect but I'm trully in love with it. I'm printing this one up 8x10 for my office and when I find a nice frame I think I'm going to swap it for the wedding photo in the lounge room (sooo not happy with that one).
So, we have in-laws coming into town on Friday. It should be really good. Danny turns 30 on Saturday. I wish we could have the hugest party ever and give him the bestest presents... I hate that his birthday is this time of year. So, anyways... a bunch of us are going out for tea to a Chinese restaurant. He's getting a new XBox 360 game from the kids. He's been dying for it to come out. I'm planning on getting something for him just from me... but can't say what cause you never know if he'll be reading.
Jessie seems to be doing fine at school. She was here today and didn't really have anything to say. Hopefully Danny will find out this weekend if anything was done about the teacher that failed her. 2 girls were suspended but I really think the teacher needs to be dealt with also.
Oh oh oh... I got a new phone! It's the Motorola V3 in the hot pink! It's so funny... I'm 28 years old and finally turning into a girl! I love all the girly stuff at the moment...
Well, I guess that's it... long one tonight... hope you're all having a great week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

Ahhh there's my gorgeous girl and her spunky husband..I love this photo of you two Ren, absolutely love it..well done babe.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:09:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love love love that photo babe!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture....wow. I think it is amazing!

Thursday, November 16, 2006 5:45:00 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Love the way he is looking at you!

Monday, November 20, 2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Stacia Howard said...

Oh Ren! I totally adore this pic! Simply beautiful! You are just gorgeous sweetie! Love you! Miss you!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 2:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a wise person once said what are they thinking realy a good job

Friday, November 24, 2006 5:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home