Monday, December 18, 2006

Top 10 Photographs of 2006

Frederique put this challenge out on her blog. Top 10 photos from 2006 and each with a caption of no more then 5 words. Sounds easy, right? Hmm... not so easy. I was down to 16 and couldn't choose. There were a few that I loved equally and there were some that I thought were technically better then others. I decided to flick through them and see which ones really spoke to me, which ones touched my heart in some way. I haven't done that well with the captions - writing is not my forte. Pssst... Julie? Any idea for a better one on the first one especially?
So, without further ado, here are my favourites - in no particular order except the first one is my total favourite from the year.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sorrow

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Introspection

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Last signs of babyhood

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Together

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Soulful

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Laughter

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Secret whispers

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Childhood fantasies

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Distinctive (yeah, I know)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Live Out Loud
I have some idea about my style. Since I'm only new to all this I think I'm still trying different things though. What do YOU think my style is? I would really love to hear what you think...
Oh, and I have to just point out that the 2 of Pacey (in the blue and red t-shirt) have only been defogged and sharpened.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I love your favorites...especially Introspection. I don't like the circumstances in which it was taken, but this photo speaks volumes to me.

Just think what fun this will be this time next year!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your photos are awesome ren, you have done so well with them.
I have 2 favourites, the one of J on the swing, although it was a sad occaision i just love it.
The other is the girls all wet laying whispering, thats so natural and beautiful

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger christie said...

Wow, you have done such amazing things this year! I love them all, but found that the first one and the one of the girls telling secretes moved me the most.

As for style, hard to say. I think you show a clear, raw emotional image. I think your photos are bright and clean, and that you compose for storytelling. Great work any way you look at it! lol

I might have to steal your question for my blog, when I'm done with all these senior shoots!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your favorites too .. I think you try to capture the story .. and you do a good job of it!!!
These are awsome photos !!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 5:57:00 AM  
Blogger Greta said...

Wow! These are awesome - great job! As far as your style, I am of absolutely no help, sorry.

Saturday, December 23, 2006 3:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home