Saturday, January 06, 2007

End of Day 5

Can you believe it? I've made it to the end of day 5!!! I think I'm really going to do it this time!
I still think about having a cigarette after every meal, with every coffee, when I wake up, and at a million other times a day - BUT, I don't really want one. The physical cravings really have been very minimal, it's mostly just been a battle with myself. At times, I've actually sat there and listened to myself argue with my other self for at least 10 minutes... how strange is that?
I wanna say thanks to everyone who's commented. It really is helping... thanks a big smelly pretty bunch of flowers :-) !!!
So, apart from NOT smoking... I've almost completely cleaned my lounge room. I'm pulling the whole room apart and cleaning absolutely everything. Every single book came out of the bookshelf, every DVD, every everything. I'm almost finished. Next room is the kitchen. Everything will come out of the cupboards, etc. I'm doing it for 2 reasons. One, need to keep myself extra busy at the moment and two, I really want the house to be super clean and totally organised by February when the kids go back to school. I'll have 3 in school full time this year and I'm really hoping I can STAY organised and STAY clean. We'll see... but that's the plan.
The kids are booked into swimming lessons. They start on the 11th and go for 9 days. I got a group discount because there's so many kids!
Jessie will be here for 2 weeks starting the 11th.
Danny starts his 2 weeks holidays on the 11th. Yeah, it's all happenning then. He says that he'll be quitting then. I've been trying to not say anything. I don't want to seem pushy. If I do, I know he'll pull in the other direction instead. Cross all your fingers and toes for him.
I think that's all that's going on. Oh, I found my flash manual!!! Julie, aren't you proud?
And it wouldn't feel like a real post without a photo...
LOOK!
Look what Micki was playing with tonight???
How dreadful! She ended up killing it though. I had to wake Danny up to come sweep it outside. Icky!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for 5 days!!!
Those cleaning challenges you used to run on 2peas really helped me keep my place clean, miss them.
Hugs

Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Great job, Renee!! So, you wanna come clean my house when you are done? LOL...

I'm glad you found that flash manual...although I can't say I get much from it. It might as well be written in another language.

EEEEK about the spider, but you already new that :)

Saturday, January 06, 2007 4:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah just had to do it!!! Hey Renée..What a big blooming shock did Pacey and I got when we open up......... yyyyyyuuuuuccccckkkkk

Mum & Pacey

Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:24:00 PM  
Blogger jordan.krogman said...

I love it! Go kitty! lol Can't believe she tackled that big of a spider all by herself. This one was really original, and I thought I had to comment and tell you thanks for keeping things fresh!

Sunday, January 07, 2007 1:09:00 AM  
Blogger Team Design-Bytes said...

Congrats... you're doing GREAT!
-Kaz

Sunday, January 07, 2007 2:19:00 AM  
Blogger Stacia Howard said...

YAY! I am so rpoud of you girl! Keep up the great work. I so wanted to do a 15 min challenge yesterday with you. I did do it by myself but it wasnt the same. Love you!

Sunday, January 07, 2007 2:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Renee!
I just wanted to say how AWESOME it is that you made it to day 5! When I quit, I remember trying a bunch of times to quit. The third day I'd always give in, but if you can make it to 5, you can make it to a week. If you can make it a week, you can make it to two weeks! After that, you look back at how hard the first two weeks were, and even though you still might be having cravings, you realize one cigarette isn't worth risking the work you put in for those two weeks, KWIM?

I quit almost 10 years ago, couldn't be happier that I did. Good for you!

Sunday, January 07, 2007 7:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home