Monday, January 08, 2007

100 Things About Me

This came from one of my photog buddies, Amy, who got it from someone else I think who also got it from somewhere else. You know how it is...
Anyways, it's taken me a few days to get this done. I wanted to do it all in one sitting so it just flowed. Well, with 4 kids home on holidays, I eventually gave up trying to get it all done in one go and settled just for getting it done.
Here goes - 100 random things about me...

1. I sometimes look in the mirror and wonder who is looking back at me
2. I only sometimes like that person.
3. I hate cleaning… really, really hate it.
4. I hate having a messy house.
5. I met my husband in a nightclub
6. I ran away from home when I was 14.
7. I love to learn… I get off on the actual learning process.
8. I am honest… sometimes too honest.
9. I detest dishonesty.
10. I have never believed in God although I tried very hard for a good many years.
11. I have one brother and one sister, but they are not related to each other.
12. I met my real father just before I turned 17 years old.
13. I wish I could learn to speak to my father more…
14. I have 4 gorgeous children, completely different from each other
15. I have a step-daughter starting high school this year
16. Sometimes I feel as though I watch my oldest son through a window, but can’t enter the room he lives in.
17. My oldest daughter is my friend.
18. My youngest daughter is my arch enemy!
19. I never realised I could love someone so much, that could drive me so insane!!!
20. My youngest son was a *surprise*.
21. I’m grateful every single day for whatever it was that made our birth control fail.
22. I love that Danny has now had a vasectomy
23. I hate that I find it hard to identify myself without talking about my children or my husband more.
24. I love photography… I feel that I have found my voice with it.
25. I want to become a professional photographer
26. I love to read… true stories, thrillers, old books, not trashy romance novels and not too much fantasy.
27. I am glad that all of my children love to read
28. I have promised that person in the mirror that I would stop eating so much chocolate
29. I don’t watch much television but it’s always on.
30. I’m suddenly buying a lot of pink, girlie things… my mum thinks it’s hilarious.
31. I constantly fear that I’m not a good enough mother
32. I worry that my children may be in therapy in 20 years time for something I didn’t do or for something I didn’t do
33. I have an irrational fear that something is going to happen to my children.
34. I can’t stay off the topic of my children for long
35. I grow attached to inanimate objects… such as my computer, my camera, my bed…
36. I actually ran into a wall and hurt my arm, to protect my camera
37. When I was 5, I wanted to see if my arm was as long as my leg. I was laying down, held onto my foot and straightened my leg. Yeah, umm… arms are shorter. I ended up with the arm in a sling.
38. I got married at 19 years old, almost 10 years ago.
39. I have almost nothing in common with my husband - but he is my knight in shining armour, my superhero, my best friend
40. I hate the cold.
41. I love electric blankets, turned up high.
42. I love open fires, the tingling your face gets after sitting in front of one for a while.
43. I love watching fire… it’s destructive, but so beautiful.
44. Christmas is my favourite celebration and I love creating all that magic for my children
45. Growing up, I always hung out with boys… it’s just so much simpler.
46. My closest friends have always been women (except for Danny, of course)
47. I secretly love bad television… Jerry Springer, daytime soaps, reality tv of all kinds…
48. I’m a sticky beak, a nosy parker, an Esmé Watson
49. I was in a marching band when I was about 11 years old.
50. I played hockey until high school
51. I hated high school
52. I home schooled my 2 oldest children last year.
53. I realised I’m too selfish to be a home schooling mum.
54. I’ve had Post Natal Depression with my last 3 children… Undiagnosed the first time, severe the second time and caught it super quick the last time.
55. I’m alive today because of my amazingly supportive husband and a fantastic counsellor.
56. I have brown hair
57. I have green eyes.
58. I used to have blue eyes
59. I have no idea when my eyes changed colour!
60. I am overweight
61. I am short
62. I am absolutely not comfortable in my own skin
63. I am Buddhist
64. I want to learn to meditate better
65. I am giving up smoking
66. I love chocolate
67. I want to know how to be confident in my capabilities.
68. I want to give my children the gift of a happy childhood.
69. I want to give my children the gift of knowing they are loved… beyond anything else.
70. I wish my step daughter lived with us full time.
71. I worry about what the next 5 years will bring for my step daughter
72. I’m a procrastinator
73. I can justify anything to myself
74. I don’t watch the news, listen to the news or read the news.
75. I never remember anyone’s birthday except for Danny’s, mine and the children’s
76. I am always there for my friends when they need me
77. I am stubborn
78. I constantly doubt myself
79. I am a walking contradiction
80. I still wonder if my father is really my father, but am too scared to get a DNA test done.
81. I get frustrated with my son… his brain power is phenomenal but he has no motivation or drive to do anything with it.
82. I sponsor a child from Africa.
83. I actually don’t have an identity right now. I’m not who I thought I was legally.
84. I hate the new terrorist laws in Australia that put my identity in question
85. I moved around a lot as a child
86. I have a tattoo of a forget-me-not flower on my left breast… for the 3 babies I lost.
87. I hate throwing things away
88. I love my puppy, Jack
89. I’m not a dog person and am afraid of most dogs
90. I love to sing… loud and proud
91. I can not sing, my children think it’s a form of torture
92. I’m a very shy around new people
93. I’m a very loud, crazy, random, weird person around my friends.
94. I am addicted to coke… so much that my sister gave me bottles for a Christmas present one year
95. I miss living in Queensland… the sun, the warmth, the casual lifestyle.
96. Sometimes I resent moving back to New South Wales, but I do know it’s for the right reasons.
97. I finally stopped chewing my nails this year, after having done so for about 20 years.
98. I like to sew, but don’t.
99. I feel undeserving of my husband and children
100. I spend far too much time on the computer

11 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Funny how these lists show us how much more we have in common than we thought! I loved reading yours, some were unexpected..some we need to chat about :)

Monday, January 08, 2007 2:25:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Renee, most of your list totally shocked me! Some I kind of figured, because I think me, you, & Julie have some of the same ways :) Very interesting, I'm enjoying reading everyone's lists!

Monday, January 08, 2007 5:08:00 AM  
Blogger Ren said...

OMGosh... I'm stressing now. What shouldn't I have added in?

Monday, January 08, 2007 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Ahhh too funny..doesn't really surprise me that quite a few of your things on your list are similar to what would be on mine!
I'll do my list soon!
MUAH

Monday, January 08, 2007 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Absolutely nothing, these were great and I enjoyed reading it..the stuff we need to chat about is just more things in common ;)

Monday, January 08, 2007 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Kellie Larsen said...

holy cow that was a cool entry! I feel like I know you so much more!

Monday, January 08, 2007 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Stacia Howard said...

24. I love photography… I feel that I have found my voice with it.

I totally agree!
Miss you babe! Loves!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Wow! I feel like I know you so much better now. TFS! - love your list!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 4:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

://No wonder you are so interesting... As for the house better messy and happy I say. and better on the computer than on the end of a cigarette...
~meg

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

It's been fun reading these! I can so relate to # 3/4, 19, 23, 31, 72, 76-78, as well as a few other. :) Your list was really interesting, Renee.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it dose show how much we all have in common with each other hold in there renee with the somking an it will be a new you cheers

Thursday, January 11, 2007 12:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home