Friday, January 12, 2007

Honey Soy Chicken & Noodle Stir Fry

I took this for my picture of the day yesterday and a few people have asked for the recipe. I thought I'd post it here. I really wanna keep the other blog free for the one a days only. So, if you want a reeeeeeally yummy dinner, check out the recipe below. AND - it's healthy!
I've not been very good about updating lately. I've been doing the one a day photos. I haven't missed a day yet - yay me! I've also been giving up smoking and the computer was a no go zone for me for a while. I'm 12 days down and still counting - yay me! The kids are all still on holidays and Jessie is here for 2 weeks... and I'm not insane yet - yay me! Danny's Nan & Pop were also here for a few days. It's always great to see them. Later today Boo and her daughter are turning up for the weekend - woo hoo! I LOVE that we live close enough to visit this often!!!
So yeah... I haven't been updating as often but I will be soon - hopefully.
Honey Soy Chicken & Noodle Stir Fry
Ingredients
500g chicken breast fillets, skin removed, cut into strips
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbs honey
2 tps minced garlic
2 medium carrots, cut into strips
1 medium leek, cut into 5cm strips
2 x 200g packets udon noodles
Method
1. Combine the chicken strips, soy sauce and honey in a medium bowl. Stand for 5 minutes. Drain the chicken, reserve the marinade.
2. Coat a pan with cooking spray and add 1/2 the chicken. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from pan, set aside. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
3. To the same pan add the garlic, carrots and leek. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes then add the chicken, reserved marinade and noodles. Add more water if the noodles stick. Toss until well combined and heated through.
(I don't put the leek in... I don't like it. Instead, I add an extra carrot. I also put an extra packet of noodles in. We have a big family and it helps to make it go that little bit further.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yummy! That looks good, I may have to try it...

now for converting grams to pounds, hmmmm??? lol... just kidding, I did learn something in nursing school ;o)

Friday, January 12, 2007 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Lyzzie said...

Owww Yummy.... When are you going to cook it for me LOL

Mum

Friday, January 12, 2007 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger Stacia Howard said...

Sounds yummy! We may have to try this one. Again, I am so proud of your non-smoking butt! Keep it up girl! Love you!

Saturday, January 13, 2007 1:59:00 AM  
Blogger Marla said...

That looks so yummy!! I'm gonna have to try that :)

Sunday, January 14, 2007 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home