Sunday, March 25, 2007

Jessie's Back!!!

I didn't break her!
LooK --->
Jess was always my favourite model... agreed to have photos taken almost anytime and would let me experiment and posed so well...
Then I broke her :(
I'd posed her so often that she couldn't act naturally anymore.
Every photo I got of her was fake, forced and uninspiring...
So I gave up for a while... still took happy snaps and all but nothing serious.
The other night I was showing a friend some of my favourites from this year on Hello and we both noticed that I hadn't taken many of Jess at all this year.
Also, her birthday is next month and she's having her party here (YES!) so we decided on photo invites. She was going to use one of the photos taken in October but she's changed a lot since then and I wanted to see if we could get something fresher...
I happen to think we NAILED it! And I'm sooooo freakin' happy with them.
I love colour... it's so bright, happy, fun... out there...
but I'm really lovin' B&W lately too.
This one just blows me away....
Remember - she's only 11 years old! She turns 12 at the end of next month.
We spent about 20 mintues on this shoot... definitely not more then 30. It was all natural light, with a reflector. We had a brick wall for the background. I had quite a few other 'good' shots but next to these they just looked pale... she also thinks she's older then she is and tries to pose more suggestively... she KNOWS that I don't allow this and she also knows upfront that I'll delete any like that (why do I take them? Sometimes she moves just as I click or I don't realise until after I've clicked)
For processing... all the colour ones are with my Colour BAM! action, plus a new skin technique I'm trying to get right. The B&Ws are my own conversion. I burnt a vignette onto each of them. They're all in camera crops too... except that I cropped a little of the ends to be 5x7.

13 Comments:

Blogger Marla said...

I absolutely love these, Renee! You did a fabulous job. :) Your step-daughter is gorgeous, and you really brought it out in fresh, fun shots.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

DANG! I wanted to be first. Second will have to do. These are absolutely FANTASTIC! I am soooo proud of you, you got a whole entire WOW! shoot!!!! YIPPPEEEEE!

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING RENEE!!!! :) After seeing your "teasers" in the gallery at 2p's, I just HAD to pop over here and see the rest! You did amazing, you definitely achieved your goal of "new and fresh"! What a stunner.

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right in that stage now with my daughter - she is my only willing model, but she is all about the fake grin. This gives me hope! These are just beautiful. I love your work!

Monday, March 26, 2007 1:00:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy Bishop (aka scrappinkat) said...

Just goregous Renee, your steddaughter and the photos!!

Monday, March 26, 2007 1:11:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

These are beautiful! Very fresh & fun!

Monday, March 26, 2007 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger In-Focus said...

I've already told you, but I will tell you again that you should be very proud of these shots. I especially like the B&W of her looking down.

I tell you, you Aussies are kickin' a** in the photography world!

Monday, March 26, 2007 1:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh - these are jussssst gorgeous ... I just commented on these on 2Peas .. you go girl!!

Monday, March 26, 2007 4:15:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jess is just gorgeous, loving seeing your photos they are stunning :)

Monday, March 26, 2007 8:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will say it again......These are some of your finest!! I LOVE all of them, and I'm doing a happy dance for you!!! What kind of reflector did you use here? I need to get one!!! I posted my out takes for you too....Thanks for tagging me you lil turn LOL!!!
Tina Parker

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't type today-
i ment to say lil turd............

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

You have really jumped to the next level with these, girl. You did fabulous and Jess looks model perfect! She'll be beating the boys off with a stick soon if she isn't already.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Lindy said...

Wow these are amazing!! And your model is gorgeous too! I love your conversions as well. You should be proud!

Saturday, June 23, 2007 2:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home