Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm back!!!

Did you miss me?

Come on... just a little?

Well... I took my computer away with me - I was all geared up to be a good girl while I was on holiday and keep up with my photo a day and maybe update here with some holiday snaps. I also had to upload pics for my Impact Posing course at www.ppsop.com. Day 1... turn puter on to upload my deadline assignment photos.... nothing. Yep, nothing. Omgosh... panic stations. I go into panic mode and Danny goes into 'knight in shining armour' mode. He's running all these diagnostic tests and trying everything... still no go. Windows wouldn't even load. I call Dell... bad bad news - hard drive has crashed! Tears, tantrums... meltdown mode for sure.

Danny grabs the kids and takes them to the motel pool, hoping I'll calm down while he's gone. I don't plan to... Next thing, I'm on the phone to my mum, asking her to log into Hello under my name and contact Julie (her blog is in the list on the right - That Red Dirt Road) for me. Julie is also taking the posing course. I'd sent her pics from my practice shoot... was thinking I could use them. No go though - exif data was no longer attached. So, I'm talking to Julie, through my mum... still crying... and they were both great. Instructors too... they let me post my assignmennt late. Ok, time to breathe now and force all thoughts of the hard drive out of my head to enjoy the holiday. *sigh*

We had the BESTEST time!!! It's the first time we've ever gone on holiday. We've gone visiting before... but never just simply on holiday. We did a bunch of stuff... the kids were fantastic too and Danny really relaxed. I have 5gb of memory cards full of photos to sort through, process and post. I can't even start that until Dell bring the new hard drive though (I'm on the kids' sucky sucky computer). So... be prepared to be bombarded with photos at that point.

I plan on doing some serious blog surfing this week... as well as checkng in on the message boards I hang out... I've missed chatting with all my internet buddies, but it was good to see that I can actually survive without the computer when needed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bugger about the computer, that its under waranty still is a good thing.
Sounds like you ended up having fun though, good for you :)

Monday, January 29, 2007 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger Mary-Ella said...

hey there
good to see you back...
look forward to seeing some pics....

Monday, January 29, 2007 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Welcome back, Renee! Can't wait to see your new photos. :) Sorry to hear about your computer. Mine did that right after we moved, but unfortunately it was 2 days out of warranty.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 2:02:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

You bet I missed you :)

I was pretty concerned too, after the Hello chat with your Mom.

It sounds like you had a great time, I'm anxious to see all the images!

awww...you know I would do just about anything I could for you. This may include sending you a flip it someday...

Good to have you back ;)

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kellie Larsen said...

woohooo! you are back!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home