Friday, May 11, 2007

A Whole Month!

I can't believe it's been a whole month since my last post. I do have a few things to offer up in my defense though.
Firstly - who knew switching to Typepad would be so HARD! OMGosh! I thought it would be easier then blogger. So far... no way! I'm almost there though - honest. Just a few more things to add and then I'll be switching over. I think I'll have my first post as my Top Ten from 2006 - that way, I can look back in a year's time.
Secondly - my actions are ready to go. I just need to get Typepad up and running and we'll be off. I'm really excited about this because... I have a new one! I'm loving it...
As for my marketing, etc... well. It is coming along... seriously. I have a new logo and am working on my business cards and some post cards, pricing, collections and the typepad blog. I have a newborn shoot coming up and I have plans to get that one 'WoW' image... I'll post it when I get it.
Danny had his knee reconstruction 4 months before we'd expected it. It's put me It's made a lot of things fairly difficult but we'll make it through, we always do. He developed an infection but was very lucky that it moved down his leg, so his wound wasn't infected. That set him back a week or two on doing his exercises, etc. He's finally doing them now and he's started walking... tiny steps and with the crutches still on hand but not on the ground. We're looking at another 3 weeks with the crutches yet though. Then it's time to take it off and bend the knee - ouch!
Piper has asthma. She's had it forever. It never really played up in Queensland but does down here. This is the perfect time to mention how MUCH I miss Queensland - the wather, the life... Anyway, for the 2 winters that we've been back here, her asthma has flared up and she's needed ventalin on and off. This year though, she's been put on a preventative puffer twice a day and at the moment she's getting the ventalin four times a day.
I started helping out at my mum's shop again. My brother had a car accident. Nothing too serious but he had a really sore neck. I called her and asked if she needed help since he wasn't able to work and she said yes. Things are totally sh*t in that department though. I mean, on the work side they're fine. Personally... we're going down the drain. It hurts. Alot.
We've lost someone we thought was a really great family friend. I wont go into details here. I'll just say that he did something extremely inappropriate. It's really hard... he and Danny have been friends for 20+ years... he and I for 10+ years and he's always been around for the kids. It's so strange knowing that he wont be coming around anymore. Sometimes, people just suck, right?
My computer is having SERIOUS issues. Not sure if anyone remembers but I got a new Dell computer sometime in the second half of last year. I went with a Dell. I really liked that I could go on their site and 'build' my own computer. I really love it too... 250GB HD, 2GB RAM, Dual Core Processor. Well, in January I had issues. I kept getting the Blue Screen Of Death (otherwise known on the internet as BSOD). I called. They told me everything was fine. Two weeks later my hard drive crashed. I do have to say, they sent the tech out with my new hard drive very quickly.
About a month ago, everytime I tried opening, burning or tranferring one particular photo file, I'd get the BSOD. I ended up deleting the file and everything was fine, so I thought. (this is after spending a whole DAY backing up onto DVD - the poor thing was running so slowly).
A few days ago, same thing happens. It's grown from one file to three - all in the same folder. Ring Dell... 'oh, it's not OUR problem' - Grrrrr. Tech came out this afternoon. He was here for HOURS. Seriously, I got back from shopping at 4pm and he was here and I got home from mum's shop just past 7pm and he was still here... and he left sometime around 8pm. When he's leaving, he tells me that it's actually in worse condition then when he got here, that he doesn't know what's wrong with it, and that he's done working on it. WTF?!?!?!
Danny gets online tonight to do some research. We find out that a LOT of people have problems with the Dells sent out in 2006 with MY problem!!! Apparently, the only way to really fix the problem is to get a replacement but it's almost impossible to get Dell to admit it's their problem and to send the replacement. Ugh. So... tomorrow I'm going to call a few different places - Fair Trading, Consumer Affairs, etc and get some information. Then I'm calling Dell again. I'm really fired up about this too. I'm going to be forceful and I'm GOING to get this situation resolved. Will keep you updated.
I've not been online as much lately. I'm missing my online buddies on MSN and Hello and also at the message boards I go to. I love you aaaaaaaaaaaall! It's been ages since I've been able to really blog surf too.
Oh oh oh... I called my girl Stacia the other day! The quality of the line wasn't perfect but it wasn't terrible either - and it cost me NOTHING! It was so exciting! I was a giggly little school girl. I just lurve that southern accent. I think it's my favourite in the entire world. Stacia - love you, miss you, gonna call you again soon - hope your foot gets better soon :).
I think that must catch me up. LoL If you've read this far - here's a photo for you. Not my usual thing...
Ciao!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I missed your posts! and nice photo. I dabbled with something similar recently (great minds think alike), I'll put it in the spring challenge bit on agaacaap. If I can ever get that damn photobucket to work.

re typepad- read my first post! (yes it was not easy). Also I am just struggling with a tunes type widget at the moment, and I haven't started to add albums yet! But overall I love the look and they're generally really fast to help, and I like checking stats and things like that... Can't wait to see yours!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Renee - so glad that you finally posted again! OMGosh - I didn't know a bunch of that stuff, I will have to catch up with you on hello.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Monday, May 14, 2007 4:03:00 AM  
Blogger Stacia Howard said...

Wondering if you were ever going to post again! I miss you & love you too! I also posted about you calling me! Totally made my week! =)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 2:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home